I love being part of the PTA.
I have 1 child in the Upper Phase and it’s my way of making a contribution to and supporting Rushmore School.
We fundraise for the school in a number of ways, from Cake sales to the Summer Fair with Quiz Nights and School Discos in between! We’re all volunteers who can give varying amounts of time. There’s the committee, made up of a Chair Person, Vice Chair, Treasurer and Secretary. Then there are the Year Reps who help co-ordinate ‘parent and carer power(!)’ for various events. Lastly there are all the parents and carers, not to mention teachers, who get involved and help on the day.
We have regular meetings to discuss up-coming projects. These are usually held on the last Friday of the month in the Art Room – there’s usually a cup of coffee and a biscuit involved!
Here are just some of the projects we’ve funded recently
- ‘Turn Cakes into Books!’ – We held cake sales during the last academic year to raise money for new books. We managed to raise £1120.00. This means that each year has £140.00 to spend on books of their choice. Year 3 children recently took delivery of their books and were delighted !
- We bought High Visibility Vests for the children to wear on school trips.
- We funded a mask-making workshop for the Nursery children. They all made insect masks to use in their ‘Ugly Bug Ball’ assembly.
- We contributed £1000.00 towards new curtains for the stage in the Elderfield Hall.
- We contributed an amzing £10000 towards resurfacing the Rushmore Stadium in 2013
- We have contributed a phenomenal £10000 towards Rushmore's exciting new Library projectin 2015
- We are also fundraising for our current ‘Big Project’ - a new climbing frame for the Upper Phase playground.
Events we held last year ...
- Winter Fayre - a cosy but very busy event with a Santa’s Grotto (thanks to Santa-Simon!), Christmas decoration making, games, prizes, mulled wine and lots of lovely food.
- Summer Fair - ‘A Day at the Beach, at Rushmore!’ – our biggest event of the year with lots of stalls, fun and games, ice creams, a bouncy castle and chucking wet sponges at Mr Mullaney.
- Cake Sales for each year group - delicious fundraising for books.
I hope very much to see you at one of our meetings.
Hannah | Treasurer PTA